Monday, October 01, 2007

Done!


For those of you that remember my knitting project this summer, here is a picture of the finished project. I took a ruffled sweater pattern and added some fuzzy fringe that was left over from my niece's scarf project. I secretly wish that I had fuzzy embellishments on all of my sweaters. Oona is very pleased with me.

Before this, my only knitting project was a scarf that I knit several years ago as a Christmas present for my favorite mother-in-law. I took a long break because I had this idea that I should knit continental style and not American style; it's more efficient. I was waiting for somebody to teach me. Funny how hard it is to find somebody who knits continental around here! I recently found a site that has all you need to learn knitting in both styles! It's my new favorite place to waste time.

When I was in New Jersey, my sister-in-law (who is practically a professional knitter) inspired me to start up again. Now I am HOOKED!! I'm already half way through my next project, which I will keep secret because it's a present to a lucky person. In the meantime, make sure to send me your measurements. You never know; you could be next!!

6 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

It's so cute! Meanwhile, I am STILL not done with my tank top, partly because I've been spending my time learning how to knit Mobius bands.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Jeannette said...

Thank you!! Is is fun to knit Mobius bands? Can you use them for anything after they're knit?

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Jeannette, this is beeyootiful ! As lovely as my wonderful warm heathery green scarf = : ) lucky Oona !!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger margot said...

that's adorable! you did such a great job. right now i am finishing up a secret christmas present and a gray basketweave scarf.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger margot said...

also, what's the difference between continental style and american style?

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Jeannette said...

continental style is where you hold the string of yarn in your left hand and kind if hook it with the right needle. american sytle is where you throw the yarn with your right hand around the needle. At www.knittinghelp.com you can play videos to see the difference. most knitters in europe use the continental style, but the american style is much easier to teach kids to use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home