Goodbye, Jonah!!

Jonah flew with his cousins to England the other day as an unaccompanied minor (or as he calls it, an unidentified minor). He's visiting Oma and Opa's farm on the Isle of Wight for 2.5 weeks. I finally spoke with him today and he's having a great time, emphatically insisting that he is NOT homesick! His only compliant was the food on the plane.
My dad said that it took the kids about 40 minutes to get through customs where they entertained the entire customs staff. Then the kids ran around the farm and visited the local Chale Green Stores, which is owned and run by Oma and Opa themselves!! I'm sure there will be some child labor in Jonah's immediate future.
The next day Jonah went to the first day of Cowes week. He said that he saw many sailboats, but no racing.
Today they went to the Chale festival, where they saw the biggest pumpkin, a bouncy house and other village oddities.
What Jonah loves most of all is the chicken coop on the farm. There is a new baby rooster which Jonah named 'Caramel.' He says that Caramel is small, extending from the middle of Jonah's upper arm to the middle of his lower arm. I still can't quite imagine how big Caramel is, but I'm anxiously awaiting a picture of the little guy.
Mostly I'm so happy that Jonah is having a great time. I'm so proud of him for going on this adventure. I hope that he remembers some of it to tell me when he gets back!!


2 Comments:
for his next solo trip, i hope you'll pop him on a plane bound for maine!
yeah, with a stop in boston maybe !
Post a Comment
<< Home