Saturday, September 09, 2006

Wait a minute - it's the first day of school!

I thought that I had it all together. I woke the kids up early. Made them lunch and carefully placed it in their brand new laptop lunch boxes. Fed them breakfast. Got them dressed. The only problem was that I didn't rush through it all; I took my time enjoying every minute of getting ready for the first day of school. I looked at my watch and I realized that SCHOOL STARTED FIVE MINUTES AGO!!! Oh my god. I ran those kids out of the house so fast, they didn't get a chance to brush their teeth. They were so confused, 'but Mama, aren't we going to brush our teeth?' NO!!! GET IN THE CAR NOW!!

Traffic was terrible and we were half an hour late. All my visions of walking Jonah into his classroom. Greeting his teacher with big smiles, were all gone. So I didn't get any pictures of Jonah. I did manage to get this picture of Oona on her first day. Luckily, she still goes to Playmates which is very laid back. They didn't notice that we were late at all.

1 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger Liz Woodbury said...

oh no!! that sounds so much like something i would do. hey, i can't wait to see photos of your lunchbox creations. yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home