Morning Sweep
In India it's traditional to sweep the front of your house in the morning: the path to your door, the driveway and the curb leading to your house. When done, many people put a design in front. They use a white powder to create it. (Some people have the design painted on, but that's cheating!)
Note to J and O: I have the tools so we can do this at home!
Labels: India


4 Comments:
i want to do that at my house too!
What is the powder? Also, is it OK to walk through the pattern? Seems like it'd be hard not to.
I'll try to figure out what kind of powder it is. Initially I thought it was flour. But I'm not sure.
I haven't hung around long enough to see what people do when they walk into the house, but at the end of the day, the designs are somewhat mussed up. That's OK because they do it again the next day.
Love this idea - want to do it here too! I have really enjoyed learning about India "with" you J. Looks like you have a beautiful new wardrobe too! I especially loved the red dress you wore in the temple photo. Safe travels home! - Mel
Post a Comment
<< Home