Monday, September 27, 2010

Mahapalipuram

I took the bus to Mahapalipuram and stayed in a little resort on the beach. As I walked out, I noticed the Shore Temple right away:




The temple is stunning and just incredible to see close up:


This temple is carved out of rock and was excavated by the British around 200 years ago. Due to the erosion, all the carvings look like ghostly images of Hindu deities:




The next day I went to the 5 Rathas. Each one of these mini-monuments was carved out of a single rock:


I also took a walk on the beach where there were loads of colorful fishing boats:


It was hot and even the cows were trying to shield themselves with the little shade that they could find:

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Thanks so much for the long post, and especially for the pictures, including a picture of your beautiful self! I miss you!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Jonah an Oona and I had a fun time looking at this last night together in bed! We sure do miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home